WHO ARE WE
The Association aims to achieve the following:
To promote blind sports to the Western Australian community as a worthwhile activity to increase social inclusion and for a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
To increase participation in sport for people who are blind or vision impaired.
To advocate on behalf of members at local, state and national level.
The secretary is generally responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks, which include:
• Arranging meetings;
• Assisting the Chairperson to prepare the agenda;
• Sending out notices for meetings;
• Keeping minutes and records;
• Attending to correspondence, emails, phone calls;
• Maintaining the register of members;
• Making sure all letters and other documents are properly filed;
• Organising activities and events;
• Preparing newsletters; and
• Maintaining custody of all books, documents, records and registers of the association
For additional information on the roles and responsibilities of the Secretary, please refer to the Blind Sports WA rules of association.