WHO ARE WE
The Association aims to achieve the following:
To promote blind sports to the Western Australian community as a worthwhile activity to increase social inclusion and for a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
To increase participation in sport for people who are blind or vision impaired.
To advocate on behalf of members at local, state and national level.
The Chairperson is usually the formal 'voice' of the association and is responsible for the overall co-ordination of the activities of the association. The Chair is generally responsible for the following duties:
• Chairing meetings;
• Chairing sub committee meetings or delegating the role;
• Signing documents on behalf of the association;
• Support the treasurer with any fundraising, grant writing etc;
• Ensuring all relevant information is made available to committee members;
• Ensuring the association is run according to its rules and any other strategic plan that has been agreed to;
• Resolving disputes and grievances;
• Initiating projects;
• Overseeing activities and projects; and
• Representing the association at external meetings and events.
For additional information on the roles and responsibilities of the Chairperson, please refer to the Blind Sports WA rules of association.